Take game day to the next level, and when I say next level I mean desert! Old El Paso is so much more than tacos, the recipes are endless, though a soft taco is top on our list, but I think I scored big with this one, and might have found a new favorite with my mini soft taco boat Caramel Apple Pie recipe! The Old El Paso mini taco boats were at our local Walmart and they are the perfect size dessert to make for our up coming party.
We like to call them simply mini Apple Pie boats.
The recipe is so easy and quick to make for game day or any get together.
one package of Old El Paso mini soft taco boats (contains 12 mini taco boats)
one 15 ounce can of caramel apple pie filling
1 cup cooking oil (only for coating taco boats, you will not use it all)
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
for crumb topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup flour
1/4 stick of salted butter
1/8 cup quick oats
1. coat the Old El Paso mini soft taco boats with cooking oil (we used a canola and olive oil blend).
2. cover it in the cinnamon sugar mixture
3. place on greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes
4. immediately fill each boat with the prepared Caramel Apple pie filling
(I used one can of 15 ounce caramel apple pie filling)
5. cover with crumble topping mixture (flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter and quick oats)
6. back in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
7. remove from oven and serve
We like them served up with a scoop of ice cream and some football.
I've even made an apple pie lover out of my hard to please southern belle and devoted cake eater.
Happy Game Day y'all!