One Potato, two potato…
Today I'm happy for leftover homemade mash potatoes done the way my Grandmother made them with a little salt and pepper, so yummy checkout the recipe below. The kids were happy for ice cream from Old Dutch are rare treat and even more rare drive across the bay. I was very pleased to see Peas #3 & #4 playing so nicely all evening , they laughed, the giggle, they made crazy Mr. Potato Head people and went to bed.
Grandma Banana's mash potato recipe:
- Boil about 6-8 potatoes with skins until they start to pop (the skins start to break open)
- Hand peel the skins off be careful they're at 212 degrees F. You find yourself sing the song Hot potato, Hot potato while doing this part
- Throw them in a mixer with the beater attachment
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste (the more pepper the better!)
- Beat until it's not lumpy (don't over beat or they'll get gooey)
Eat right away or wait till morning, they taste awesome cold!